Friday, July 28, 2006

Inbred Royalty

Idiot kings and imperial presidents.

I have a friend over in London who I'd love to be able to hang out with more often. To do that I have been coming up with communication ideas to study in Britain. I've come up with a variety of them and will one day begin studying them. I figure if I study these ideas I can, maybe, create a British Communication study at what ever university I'm working at in the future. I then can spend my summers in London.

What does that have to do with this article?

[snip]

John Dean, the White House lawyer who famously helped blow the whistle on the Watergate scandal that drove Richard Nixon from office, says the country has returned to an "imperial presidency" that is putting the United States and the world at risk.

In his new book, "Conservatives Without Conscience," Dean looks at Republican-controlled Washington and sees a bullying, manipulative, prejudiced leadership edging the nation toward a dark era.

"Are we on the road to fascism?" he writes. "Clearly, we are not on that road yet. But it would not take much more misguided authoritarian leadership, or thoughtless following of such leaders, to find ourselves there.


[snip]

I'm looking for a link other than the Bush Dynasty and how people react to Gee dub as if here were some divine right leader. I have not seen this kind of devotion to a leader since...hmmm...I've never seen this because I have not lived in a dictatorship or during Feudal times. What's really interesting about this "Imperail Presidency" is that they have mostly used words to create this cult of personality around the presidency. I'm tellin' ya, words are magic.

~phinEas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home